Thursday, March 4, 2010

Truck tail

 I was in a parking lot pulling into a gas station to fuel up my truck yesterday.  Damn thing turns like a truck, so I bumped a curb.   I stopped at the curb and put it in reverse to back up away from the curb.  CRUNCH!!! And a small shudder ran through the truck.  Shit, and my foot was still on the brake, I hadn't moved.  I got out and saw I was still up against the curb.    The guy that hit me climbed out of his car and asked  "What happened? Did you back into me?  I was messing with my phone and didn't see what happened."
  " I was messing with my phone and didn't see what happened"
  "I WAS MESSING WITH MY PHONE AND DIDN'T SEE WHAT HAPPENED"!!!

Fortunately I have a horrible trailer hitch welded onto the back of my 1 ton flatbed that totally fucked up his headlight/bumper/grill/fender and I didn't even loose any paint.  I told him  "No damage to me buddy, it's your call.  Cops or no cops".   He drove away, a prime candidate for natural de-selection.

"I WAS MESSING WITH MY PHONE AND DIDN'T SEE WHAT HAPPENED"

That was a $1000 phone call, buddy.  Hope she was worth it.
Hang up and drive.
Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment